What French stamps are worth money?
Most valuable French stamps
- $190,000. 1Fr Light carmine on yellowish tete-beche, 1849.
- $90,000. 10c Bister on Yellowish Tete-Beche block, 1849.
- $75,000. 1Fr dull-orange red Ceres stamp, 1849.
- $72,500. 25 centimes tête-bêche pair, 1850.
- $40,000. 10c Napoleon III stamp, 1852.
- $30,000. SS Pasteur stamp, 1941.
Where can I buy French stamps?
Stamps are sold in local newsagents and tabacs, as well as in La Poste branch offices. As there are often queues in small post-offices it pays to buy a book (carnet) or roll of stamps. You can also buy stamps on-line from La Poste.
Can I buy French postage stamps online?
LA POSTE has launched a new service that allows you to print off stamps through your computer, for internal post as well as overseas. The Mon Timbr en Ligne service lets you pick from over 200 designs of stamp and in a couple of steps print off a sheet or add a stamp to an individual envelope.
Are old Italian stamps valuable?
Most valuable Italian stamps. Known for its food and unique culture, Italy has a philatelic history that is no less rich. Collectors with an interest in the country and related regions have a wide range of options to build their great topical collections.
How do you ask for stamps in France?
The phrase for requesting stamps was one of the first I learned. But you can always, say Bonjour, hand the agent one piece of mail and tell her how many you have. S’il vous plait. Write it down if necessary.
How do you use the post office in France?
Addresses and Envelopes
- Line 1: Name, title, and other pleasantries. Line 2: Secondary address information (apartment number, etc.)
- Line 4: Street name and number. Line 5: Additional information for aiding in delivery (PO box, lieu-dit, etc.)
- Line 6: Postal code and name of city or other applicable locality.
How do I send a letter from France to the US?
For just 1 $1.30 First-Class Mail International Global Forever stamp, you can send a 1 oz letter or postcard to any other country in the world. Put stamps in the upper right corner of the envelope. (For postcards, put the stamp in the space provided near the delivery address.)
Where is the post office French?
Where’s the post office, please? Où est la poste, s’il vous plaît?
Which German stamps are valuable?
Most valuable German stamps
- $1,545,000. Baden 9 Kreuzer error stamp, 1851.
- $389,183. Oldenburg 1/3 Gr.
- $176,000. Audrey Hepburn stamp, 2001.
- $112,394. “Kerstfest” error stamp, 2016.
- $65,500. 2-mark Germania stamp with quatrefoil watermark, 1920.
- $60,790. 5m Kaiser Wilhelm II invert error stamp, 1905.
What is the French postal service called?
La Poste is a postal service company in France, operating in Metropolitan France, the five French overseas departments and regions and the overseas collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon.
What does Cedex mean in French address?
Courrier d’Entreprise à Distribution EXceptionnelle
CEDEX is a postal sort code and is not geographical, it stands for Courrier d’Entreprise à Distribution EXceptionnelle – intended for recipients of large amounts of post, like companies or government departments. It is therefore specific to the company you are writing to, within the postal area concerned.
How do French stamps work?
It is possible to send letters up to 20g with one stamp. Letters have a maximum thickness of 3 centimeters. The red stamp (“timbre rouge”) is used for priority mail, generally delivered in France within one to two days. The green stamp (“timbre vert”) is for slightly slower service, generally two to three days.
What services does the French Post Office offer?
Réseau La Poste – there are more than 17,100 post offices or contact points throughout France. At the post office, you can access all the group’s commercial offer, including banking and postal services, express parcel delivery, plus the web and mobile telephone services.