What are the keys on a Dell keyboard?
|Fn + F1 Puts the system to sleep
|Fn + F6 Toggles Touchpad on/off (Dell Touchpad driver must be installed)
|Fn + F7 Toggles WiFi on/off
|Fn + F8 Toggles between external display and internal LCD
|Fn + F12 Activates Pause
How do I program my Dell keyboard keys?
Go to the “Start” menu on your Dell computer. Click the “Programs” or “All Programs” button to view the applications on the system and double-click “DellTouch Programmable Keys.”
What do the F buttons do on a Dell laptop?
The keys F1-F12 at the top row of the keyboard are function keys for multi-media control, as indicated by the icon at the bottom of the key. Press the function key to invoke the task represented by the icon. For example, pressing F1 mutes the audio (refer to the table below).
How can I change keyboard settings?
Set keyboard options
- On your Android phone or tablet, open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text.
- At the top left of the keyboard, tap Open features menu .
- Tap More Settings .
- Choose which settings to turn on, like Glide typing, Text correction, and Voice typing.
How many keys are there in Dell keyboard?
|83 Keys Keyboard
|Enable or disable the touchpad and/or touchstick.
|Launch Dell Control Point.
|Enable or disable multiple display. Option include, clone display or extended display to an external monitor. Or project the current view to external monitor only.
How do you type special characters on a Dell laptop?
Alt – Keypress Options You also have the option of using keypress codes to display special characters. By holding down the Alt key and pressing a combination of numbers you can display characters without using software tools like the Character Map etc.
What does Alt mean on keyboard?
An alternate key (Alt key) is a key that is present on most computer keyboards and is considered a modifier key that can used similarly to the shift or control keys. In other words, the alternate key provides alternate input and operations when pressed in combination with other keys.
What is F2 on Dell laptop?
F2 – Wireless control Switch wireless radio(s) on/off. Press < Fn >< F2 > to enable or disable the wireless radios(s). F3 – Touchpad Disable key. Press < Fn >< F3 > to disable or enable the Touchpad.
What does F8 key do on Dell laptop?
On Dell laptop keyboards, the F8 key secondary function is to mute and unmute the volume.
How do I know what keyboard layout I have?
- Click Start.
- On the Keyboards and Language tab, click Change keyboards.
- Click Add.
- Expand the language that you want.
- Expand Keyboard list, click to select the Canadian French check box, and then click OK.
- In the options, click View Layout to compare the layout with the actual keyboard.
How do I change my keyboard typing style?
Change how your keyboard looks
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app. .
- Tap System. Languages & input.
- Tap Virtual Keyboard. Gboard.
- Tap Theme.
- Pick a theme. Then tap Apply.
Does Dell Inspiron 3000 have backlit keyboard?
Inspiron Computers Make sure the Keyboard backlit option is enabled in the BIOS. With the computer powered off, press the power button.