What are the 4 major cities in Chile?
The 8 Most Popular Cities in Chile
- 01 of 08. Santiago. Pablo Rogat/Getty Images.
- 02 of 08. Viña del Mar. Image Source/Getty Images.
- 03 of 08. Easter Island. Marko Stavric Photography/Getty Images.
- 04 of 08. Arica.
- 05 of 08. Osorno and the Lake District.
- 06 of 08. Valparaíso.
- 07 of 08. San Pedro de Atacama.
- 08 of 08. Torres del Paine.
What are the 3 biggest cities in Chile?
Chile – 10 Largest Cities
|1||Santiago , Santiago Metropolitan||4,837,295|
|2||Puente Alto , Santiago Metropolitan||510,417|
|3||Antofagasta , Antofagasta||309,832|
|4||Viña del Mar , Valparaíso||294,551|
What are the top 3 languages spoken in Chile?
Languages: Spanish 99.5% (official), English 10.2%, indigenous 1% (includes Mapudungun, Aymara, Quechua, Rapa Nui), other 2.3%, unspecified 0.2%; note – shares sum to more than 100% because some respondents gave more than one answer on the census (2012 est.)
What city in Chile has the most population?
As one of the most populous countries in the world, Chile has many bustling cities that contribute to the total population. Its largest city, Santiago, has a population of 4.8 million and is on track to surpass the five million milestone in the near future.
What is the prettiest city in Chile?
The 10 Most Beautiful Towns In Chile
- San Pedro de Atacama.
- La Serena.
- Puerto Natales.
- Viña del Mar.
- Puerto Varas. Head down to the waterfront for the best view of Puerto Varas, from where you can spy the tremendous peaks of two snow-capped volcanoes, Osorno and Calbuco, as its backdrop.
What percentage of Chile speaks Spanish?
Language: The official language of Chile is Spanish with 99% of the population speaking it.
Where do expats live in Chile?
4 days ago
Most expatriates live in Santiago or by the sea in the fifth region, in Valparaíso or Viña del Mar. The north of the country concentrates the mining activity, while Patagonia has strong tourist and energy sectors, so that you can find work in these sectors more easily.
What is the safest place in Chile?
Safest Places in Chile
- The safest area. Valparaíso. As one of the most colorful AND safest cities in Chile, Valparaíso is a must-visit for every traveller.
- Popular and busy. Santiago (Barrio Bellavista) Santiago might have shady areas, but it’s also a traveller’s and heaven.
- Calm yet adventurous. Pucón.
Why is Chilean Spanish so weird?
Everyone speaks a dialect In this regard, Chilean Spanish is no exception. Like all varieties of spoken language, it’s a dialect, a unique type of Spanish indeed, as it departs from the standard form of the language and has its own distinctive rhythm, pronunciation, and lexicon that represent Chileans.
Where do wealthy people live in Chile?
The more affluent areas often favoured by expats are towards the northern and northeastern parts of the city. Much like any large world-class city, Santiago has it all.
Where do expats live in Santiago?
Santiago’s neighborhoods Vitacura, La Dehesa, Lo Barnechea and Las Condes are the most upmarket ones, where most expatriates live. Ñuñoa, La Reina and Providencia are also nice neighborhoods, but cheaper than the previous ones.