How do you format a drop cap in Word?
Add or change a drop cap
- On the View menu, select Print Layout.
- Select the paragraph that you want to begin with a drop cap. The paragraph must contain text, and cannot be inside a text container.
- On the Format menu, select Drop Cap.
- Select Dropped or In margin.
- Select the options that you want.
How do you insert a scale bar in Word?
Show the rulers
- Go to View and select Ruler.
- If the vertical ruler doesn’t show, make sure you’re in Print Layout view. If it still doesn’t show, you might need to turn the ruler on. Go to Word > Preferences > View (under Authoring and Proofing Tools). Then, in the View dialog box, select the Vertical ruler box.
How do you make a 10 cm line in Word?
Click on Tools ->Options->General tab->Measurement Units drop-down menu toward the bottom of the “Options” dialog box. You can choose from “Inches,” “Centimeters,” “Millimeters,” “Points” or “Picas from the Measurement Units” drop-down menu.
How do you add leader lines in Word?
Add tab leader characters
- Go to Format > Tabs.
- Select the tab to add leader characters.
- Select an Alignment.
- Select leader character option under Leader you want displayed.
- Select OK.
What is the use of drop cap?
A drop cap is a large capital letter that you can insert in text to add style and emphasis. You can add drop caps to body text or text within a shape or text box on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
Why do we use drop caps?
A drop cap is often used to signify that the reader’s moved into a significant new section, or that a new chapter’s begun. Drop caps are also incredibly old, appearing throughout the history of the printed page: in illuminated monastic manuscripts, in renaissance cookbooks, and even in more contemporary texts.
How do I show measurements in Word?
To show the ruler in Word and also hide it, click the “View” tab in the Ribbon. Then check or uncheck the “Ruler” checkbox in the “Show” button group to turn the display of the ruler on and off, if available for your currently selected document view.
How do I draw a line to scale in word?
If you are using a later version of Word, follow these steps to make sure the drawing grid is turned on:
- Make sure the Drawing toolbar is displayed.
- Click on the Draw tool on the toolbar.
- Select the Grid option from the Draw menu.
- Use the controls in the dialog box to set the specifics of the grid.
What is a leader tab in Word?
A tab leader connects text and page numbers in an index of authorities or. table of contents. A dot leader is the most common form of tab leader, and.
What is a leader page?
A leader in typography is a series of characters, usually lines of dots or dashes, that are used as a visual aid to connect items on a page that might be separated by considerable horizontal distance.
What are drop cap types of?
There are two types of drop cap:
- Dropped: Wraps text around the drop cap.
- In Margin: Isolates drop cap into the left margin.
How do you make a 5 point Likert scale?
Step 1: For each question on the questionnaire, calculate the total number of responses for each sentiment level (Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, Strongly Agree). Step 2: Add the totals, and divide by the total number of respondents: 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 5 = 6 / 2 respondents = 3.
How do I view ruler in Word?
Turn on the ruler If you don’t see the ruler at the top of your document, go to View > Ruler to display it.
Is the ruler in Word in inches?
Word allows you to modify your work environment extensively. One of the changes you can make involves the default units of measurement used in dialog boxes and on the ruler. By default, Word uses inches, but you can customize the program so it will use centimeters, picas, points, or millimeters.
How do I draw a line to scale in Word?