How do I import wheels into SolidWorks?
- Click File > Import > Import Models and Parts.
- Click Project > Models > Import Model.
- On the Objects tab of the Palette, right-click an empty area of the model tree and click Import.
How do you make rims in SolidWorks?
Tutorial: how to create car rims in Solidworks?
- Open a sketch and draw a rim profile like this.
- Draw an axis and use revolve command.
- This is the outer part of the your rim.
- Draw rims internal part profile.
- Again use the revolve command.
- Open a sketch on front plane and draw the profile that will be cutted.
How do you make a TYRE in SolidWorks?
CAD Model a Tire in SolidWorks
- Step 1: Get the Specs and Tread Pattern of the Tire You Want to Copy.
- Step 2: Create the Torus.
- Step 3: Create the First Section of Tread.
- Step 4: Continue With the Next Section of Tread.
- Step 5: Trim the Tread So It’s Rounded, Like a Real Tire.
- Step 6: Save a Copy of the Tire.
How do I make my axle spin?
A simple way to make a bearing is to cut a little piece of straw, and tape it to the underside of the car body. Slide the axle through and attach the wheels to the axle. The straw will keep the axle and wheels on the body, while allowing them to rotate.
How do you move around in Solidworks?
Moving the Camera
- Press Alt + left-click and drag.
- On the main toolbar, click Camera Tools > Rotate , then click and drag.
What can I use to make wheels?
For the wheels: Some items that would be good for the wheels are candy gum balls, carrot slices, plastic caps, life savers candy, buttons, some beads, thread spools, vcr spools (take apart a vcr tape that isn’t used any more), metal washers, CDs or DVDs, cardboard tubes (cut into smaller pieces).