Who won the 2013 Ashes?
|2013 Ashes series|
|Date||10 July – 25 August 2013|
|Result||England won the five-Test series 3–0|
|Player of the series||Ian Bell (Eng) and Ryan Harris (Aus) Compton–Miller Medal: Ian Bell (Eng)|
Who won the Ashes 2013 14?
The 2013–14 Ashes (named Commonwealth Bank Ashes Series for sponsorship reasons) was a Test cricket series between England and Australia….
|2013–14 Ashes series|
|Result||Australia won the five-Test series 5–0|
|Player of the series||Mitchell Johnson (Aus) Compton–Miller Medal: Mitchell Johnson (Aus)|
Which term retained the Ashes trophy in 2013?
Ashes 2013: England retain Ashes as rain forces Old Trafford draw. England retained the Ashes by drawing the third Test as rain ended Australia’s final-day victory push at Old Trafford.
Has there ever been a 5 0 in the ashes?
On only three occasions has a team won all the Tests in an Ashes series; Australia has achieved the feat 5–0 in 1920–21, 2006–07 and 2013–14.
Has England or Australia won more Ashes?
Overall there have been 72 series played between the two nations with Australia holding a lead of 34 series wins, while England has won 32, and 6 series have been drawn. Australia, the current holders of the Ashes, retained the title after clinching the 2021 series 4-0 following the 2019 series that ended in a draw.
Who has the highest individual score in an Ashes Test?
Most runs scored by batsmen in an Ashes series
- Sir Donald Bradman – 974 runs in five Tests and seven innings.
- Wally Hammond – 905 runs in five Tests and nine innings.
- Mark Taylor – 839 runs in six Tests and 11 innings.
- Sir Donald Bradman – 810 runs in five Tests and nine innings.
Which Test series is most popular?
Let us take a look at 5 of the greatest Test series held in the last 40 years in this article:
- #5. South Africa 1-2 Australia (2001-02):
- #4. West Indies 1-1 Pakistan (1987-88):
- #3. West Indies 1-2 Australia (1994-95):
- #2. India 2-1 Australia (2000-01):
- #1. England 2-1 Australia (2005):