What is the formula for Venn diagram?
Venn Diagram Formulas n ( X ∪Y) = n (X) + n(Y) – n( X ∩ Y)
What is the formula of 3 sets?
(3) If there are three sets: n(A∪B∪C) = n(A) + n(B) + n(C) – n(A∩B) – n(B∩C) – n(C∩A) + n(A∩B∩C).
What is a Venn diagram explain with example?
A Venn diagram is an illustration that uses circles to show the relationships among things or finite groups of things. Circles that overlap have a commonality while circles that do not overlap do not share those traits. Venn diagrams help to visually represent the similarities and differences between two concepts.
How do you make a venn diagram with 3 circles in Word?
Create a Venn diagram
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click SmartArt.
- In the Choose a SmartArt Graphic gallery, click Relationship, click a Venn diagram layout (such as Basic Venn), and then click OK.
How do you find the intersection of 3 Venn diagrams?
- For the Venn diagram: Step 1: Draw three overlapping circles to represent the three sets.
- Step 2: Write down the elements in the intersection X ∩ Y ∩ Z.
- Step 3: Write down the remaining elements in the intersections: X ∩ Y, Y ∩ Z and X ∩ Z.
- Step 4: Write down the remaining elements in the respective sets.
How do you find all three in a Venn diagram?
Formulas to solve 3 overlapping sets in venn diagram
- Total = n(No Set) + n(Exactly one set) + n(Exactly two sets) + n(Exactly three sets)
- Total = n(A) + n(B) + n(C) – n(A and B) – n(B and C) – n(C and A) + n(A and B and C) + n(No Set)
- Total = n(No Set) + n(At least one set)
What is the formula of 3 venn diagram?
VENN DIAGRAMS (3) If there are three sets: n(A∪B∪C) = n(A) + n(B) + n(C) – n(A∩B) – n(B∩C) – n(C∩A) + n(A∩B∩C).
How do you calculate a Venn diagram?
Venn Diagram Formulas n ( X ∪Y) = n (X) + n(Y) – n( X ∩ Y) n ( X ∪ Y ∪ Z) = n(X) + n(Y) + n(Z) – n( X ∩ Y) – n( Y ∩ Z) – n ( Z ∩ X ) + n( X ∩ Y ∩ Z)