What is the famous line Juliet speaks in Act 2 Scene 2?
‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. Belonging to a man.
What is an important quote in Act 2 of Romeo and Juliet?
wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name! Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I’ll no longer be a Capulet.”
What happened in Act 2 Scene 2 Romeo and Juliet?
In Act 2, Scene 2 of Romeo and Juliet, Romeo sneaks into the orchard that has a view of Juliet’s window and professes his love for her though she cannot hear him. Then, she appears at her window and professes her love for him, not knowing that he is there.
What is the most famous Romeo and Juliet quote?
You’ll probably recognize most of these often-quoted Romeo and Juliet quotes.
- ” Parting is such sweet sorrow.” —
- ” But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
- “ Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?” —
- ” What, drawn, and talk of peace?
- ” My only love sprung from my only hate!” —
What is Juliet afraid of in Act 2 Scene 2?
As night ends and dawn breaks, the two are forced to part to avoid being discovered by the Capulet kinsmen. Romeo and Juliet fear that they might be exposed — that the artificial light of discovery might be shone upon them, thereby forcing their permanent separation.
What concerns does Juliet Express in Act 2 Scene 2?
what concerns does juliet express in Act 2, scene 2? we know that they are going to die. how does he nurse inform juliet of romeos plans? how does Juliet react?
What is Juliet pondering when Romeo finds her on the balcony Act 2 Scene 2?
what is Juliet pondering when Romeo finds her on the balcony? how much she loves Romeo and how a name doesn’t matter to her because she truly loves him.
What were Juliet’s dying words?
Terms in this set (5)
- Romeos last words. Eyes, look your last! Arms, take your last embrace!
- Juliets last words. O happy dagger!
- Parislast words. O, I am slain!
- Tybalt last words. Thou, wretched boy, that didst consort him here,
- Mercutio last words. Help me into some house, Benvolio, or I shall faint.