What Every kitchen should have food?
Canned, Jarred, & Pouched Foods
- Fruits and vegetables (choose options without added sugar or salt)
- Meat, poultry, & seafood (fish, chicken, or other meats)
- Beans (pinto, black, garbanzo)
- Soups (look for lower sodium varieties)
- Nut butter (peanut, almond)
- Dried fruit.
- Sauces (tomato, spaghetti, pizza)
What should you have in your kitchen pantry?
- Kosher salt.
- Fine salt.
- Black peppercorns.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Vegetable oil.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Red wine vinegar.
- Balsamic or sherry vinegar.
What should you always have in your pantry and fridge?
What You Should Always Keep In Your Pantry (and Fridge, and…
- Parmesan: A little bit of Parm makes nearly any savory dish sing. Plus, Parm lasts (almost) forever.
- Eggs: Our I-don’t-know-what-to-eat-for-dinner crutch? An omelet, or a fried or scrambled egg.
- Butter: Buy a pound and keep it in the freezer.
What are the basic food staples?
Common Pantry Staples:
- Boxes of pasta.
- Tomato sauce.
- Canned soups.
- Cereal & Oatmeal.
- Chicken Broth.
- Mixed nuts.
- Dried fruit.
What food items should I stock up on?
Pasta. Dried pasta is one of the best things you can keep on hand since it is shelf-stable, comes in various shapes and sizes, and has a version for every diet.
What items should I stock up on?
Stocking up on a year’s supply of something just to have it go bad in a couple of weeks would be a waste of money….Following are some of the best options if you’re looking to add to your stockpile.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Peanut butter.
- White rice.
- Prescription medications.
- Dried beans and lentils.
What should I stock up on?
Certain fruits and vegetables have a longer shelf life than others — able to last for months when stored properly — according to Prevention. Next time you’re out shopping, stock up on apples, carrots, onions, garlic, potatoes, beets and cabbage.
What food items will be in short supply?
Current Food Shortages
- Meat shortages, especially beef and poultry, will plague us again in 2022.
- Dairy may be in short supply this year.
- There may be an egg shortage in 2022.
- Sorry, vegans: Plant-based proteins may be in short supply this year.
What foods should I stock up on a pandemic?
Good things to have on hand include:
- Healthy cooking oils, such as canola or olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar, for flavor.
- Eggs. They last longer than many cold-storage foods.
- Family packs of lean meat, fish and chicken.
- Fresh produce with a longer shelf life.
- Canned or boxed broth.
- Canned tomatoes or tomato sauce.
What groceries should I stock up on?
What to Always Keep in Your Pantry
- Whole-wheat crackers. Crackers are a good replacement for bread and make a fine substitute when making sandwiches.
- Granola bars and power bars.
- Dried fruits, such as apricots and raisins.
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken, or turkey.
- Bottled water.
What is a normal grocery list?
In this Article
- Bakery and Bread.
- Meat and Seafood.
- Pasta and Rice.
- Oils, Sauces, Salad Dressings, and Condiments.
- Cereals and Breakfast Foods.
- Soups and Canned Goods.
- Frozen Foods.
- Dairy, Cheese, and Eggs.