What are the ethical issues in migration?
These include unequal power relations, legal precariousness, extreme poverty, violence, the criminalization of migration, and politicized research contexts, among others.
What are good questions to ask about refugees?
Who are refugees? Frequently asked questions about the global refugee crisis and US resettlement
- Who are refugees?
- What is refugee resettlement?
- What’s the difference between a refugee and an asylee?
- Where are refugees coming from?
- What are the factors forcing people to seek refuge in the US?
What are the 7 ethical principles in research?
In practice, these ethical principles mean that as a researcher, you need to: (a) obtain informed consent from potential research participants; (b) minimise the risk of harm to participants; (c) protect their anonymity and confidentiality; (d) avoid using deceptive practices; and (e) give participants the right to …
Why is it important to learn about refugees?
Hearing individual refugee stories makes children more compassionate toward new arrivals, suggests a new study. Refugees are forced to flee dangerous conditions and look for a better life.
How do you interview a refugee?
Suggestions for Interviewing Refugee and Immigrant Children and…
- Arrange for an interpreter in advance.
- Be sensitive to family values and structure.
- Tune in to the child’s physical state.
- Set expectations for the interview.
- Address confidentiality with both interviewee and the interpreter.
How are refugees treated and protected?
Refugees must receive the same treatment as that accorded to aliens generally with regard to the following rights:
- The right to choose their place of residence.
- The right to move freely within the country.
- Free exercise of religion and religious education.
- Free access to the courts, including legal assistance.
Do refugees have the same rights as citizens?
Non-U.S. citizens, including lawful permanent residents, refugees and asylees, generally have the same rights as citizens. If you believe your rights have been violated, you should talk to a lawyer. If you or your family members are ever in need of emergency assistance, immediately call 911.