How do I Reset my Windows 8 password without a disk or USB?
Once you get to the Windows login screen, hit the Shift key 5 times and it will open the Command Prompt window instead of the Sticky Keys application. Close the Command Prompt and you should be able to log on to Windows with your new password.
How do I start my computer if I forgot the password?
- Power on your computer. Press Shift-F8 on the keyboard while it boots to open the advanced startup options.
- Choose “See Advanced Repair Options,” “Troubleshoot,” and “Advanced Options.”
- Choose the system recovery option you want: System Restore, System Image Recovery or Automatic Repair.
How do I unlock my HP laptop if I forgot my password Windows 8?
- Open an Internet browser and navigate to the Microsoft Reset your password webpage.
- Select I forgot my password, and then click Reset your password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
How do I unlock my HP laptop if I forgot my password?
Insert the password reset disk or USB flash drive into the computer, and then click Reset password. The Password Reset Wizard opens. Click Next, select the password key location from the drop-down menu, and then click Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new password and password hint.
How do I factory Reset my HP laptop Windows 8 without password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do I unlock my HP Windows 8 password without a disk?
How do I factory reset my HP laptop if I forgot the password?
On the sign-in screen, press and hold the shift key, click the power icon , select Restart, and continue pressing the shift key until the Choose an option screen displays. Click Troubleshoot. Click Reset this PC, and then click Remove everything.
How do I factory reset my HP laptop Windows 8 without a disk?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next.
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 8?
F12 key method
- Turn the computer on.
- If you see an invitation to press the F12 key, do so.
- Boot options will appear along with the ability to enter Setup.
- Using the arrow key, scroll down and select .
- Press Enter.
- The Setup (BIOS) screen will appear.
- If this method does not work, repeat it, but hold F12.