How do I create a new user and delete old Mac?
Create and delete users in macOS
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences….
- From the View menu, select Users & Groups.
- If it’s locked, click the padlock in the bottom left corner of the window, and then authenticate as an administrator.
- Under the list of user accounts, click + (the plus sign).
How do I restore my Mac Mavericks to factory settings?
Restart your computer, and immediately hold down command-r until the gray Apple logo appears. If prompted, select your main language and then click the arrow. Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue.
How do I upgrade from Mavericks to High Sierra?
Open System Preferences… in the Apple menu. 2. Click on Software Updates. On top of the list, you’ll see the latest macOS version your Mac can download….How to download macOS Sierra (or newer macOS) and install it
- Open App Store.
- Click the Updates tab.
- You’ll see macOS updates available for your Mac.
- Click Update.
How do I create a new user on my Mac without administrator password?
How to Add a Separate Admin Account
- Restart your Mac.
- As it’s booting up, press the “Command” and “S”
- In the Terminal, type: /sbin/mount -uw /
- Press Enter and type: rm var/db/. applesetupdone.
- Press Enter and type: reboot.
- Press Enter to complete the boot up.
How do I create a new admin account on Mac?
Creating a New Administrator Account in Mac OS
- Go to the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”
- Go to “Users & Groups”
- Click on the lock icon in the corner, then enter an existing administrator account user and password to unlock the preference panel.
- Now click the “+” plus button to create a new user account.
Can you install macOS without Apple ID?
If you install the OS from a USB stick, you don’t have to use your Apple ID. Boot from the USB stick, use the Disk Utility before installing, erase your computer’s disk partitions, and then install.
How do I wipe my MacBook and start fresh?
How to Factory Reset a Mac or MacBook (macOS Monterey)
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar (top-left corner).
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Erase All Contents and Settings. ‘
- Enter your password, select ‘OK. ‘
- Select the ‘Erase All Content & Settings’ button.
How do I change the main user on my Mac?
How to switch users on your Mac computer with fast user switching
- Click “Users & Groups.” Marissa Perino/Business Insider.
- Click the lock.
- Check the box and choose an option.
- Click to see other users.
- Lock or log out of your current profile.
- Click the “Switch User” icon.
- Log in to another user profile.
How do I reinstall OSX without user?
Quit Disk Utility. The Activate Mac window appears. When it says your Mac is activated, click Exit to Recovery Utilities. Select Reinstall macOS Big Sur in the utilities window, then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I factory reset my Mac without password?
If you still can’t reset your password, erase your Mac When you’re asked to select an admin user you know the password for, choose Erase Mac from the Recovery Assistant menu in the menu bar. From the Erase Mac window, click Erase Mac, then click Erase Mac to confirm.
How do I upgrade my Mac OS X to Mavericks?
As with OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion, Apple makes it easy for users to install the upgrade by downloading Mavericks from the App Store and running the installer. This method works for almost all users — it keeps your data and existing programs intact and upgrades your machine to the latest OS.
What are the new features of OS X Mavericks?
Apple says Mavericks includes over 200 new features, including upgrades to the Finder, Calendar, Safari, Maps, and improved support for multiple displays. As with OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion, Apple makes it easy for users to install the upgrade by downloading Mavericks from the App Store and running the installer.
Can I do a clean install of OS X Mavericks on Mac?
It’s possible to do a clean install of OS X Mavericks on your Mac — or on a new hard drive, if you’re upgrading or repairing your Mac — but it takes a bit of work.
Can you run OS X Mavericks from a USB stick?
The process is a bit more complicated than it has been in previous years, but it’s still relatively easy to create a bootable copy of OS X Mavericks that you can run from a USB stick or other drive. Note: A clean install will erase all of the contents on your disk drive.