How can I open a case on eBay?
- Go to Seller Hub – opens in new window or tab and open the Returns – opens in new window or tab or the Requests and disputes – opens in new window or tab tab.
- Select See details next to the request.
- If you want us to help, select Report problem or Ask eBay to step in and help, and follow the instructions from there.
When can a buyer open a case on eBay?
Through eBay – 30 days after the estimated delivery for a not received claim, 30 days after receipt for a return. Buyers can request a return after 30 days, but you can decline. If the buyer paid through paypal, they have 180 days after payment.
Can an eBay seller open a case?
A seller is allowed to open an Unpaid Item case between two and 32 days after the buyer commits to purchasing the item. The buyer is notified immediately when an Unpaid Item case is opened, and given four days to respond and/or pay for the item.
How do I contact eBay if I have a problem?
It is still possible to contact eBay and talk to a customer representative. Search “contact eBay,” and you will find a telephone number for customer service: 1-866-540-3229.
Does eBay side with buyer or seller?
Ebay doesn’t know what the seller shipped or what the buyer received and they don’t know what the buyer sent back or what the seller received, so they almost always take the buyers side.
Does eBay ever side with the buyer?
Ebay’s money back guarantee for buyers will almost always rule automatically in favor of buyers, whether they are honest or scammers, ebay makes no distinction. It’s one of the pitfalls of being a seller here. Ebay tends to ignore sellers.
Does eBay have an email contact?
Answers (2) eBay does not have a public email address for customer service.
How do I send an email to eBay?
Here’s how to get to it: Go to eBay.com and click “help & contact” in the top-left. This will take you to the eBay Customer Service page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Contact us” button under “Need more help?” (note: this used to be an “email us” button before eBay discontinued that feature).
What happens if eBay seller doesn’t refund?
When the seller doesn’t fulfil their return policy. If the listing states that the seller offers returns, the buyer may return the item for any reason, including if they change their mind about the item (“remorse” returns).
Can eBay seller refuse refund?
If the seller has a No Returns policy, and the buyer states “doesn’t fit” that is considered a buyer’s remorse reason, and the seller can indeed decline the return. However, if the seller has a 14-day or 30-day return policy, that means the seller accepts returns for any reason.
Does eBay always refund buyer?
eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It means buyers can get their money back if an item didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing.
How do I win an appeal on eBay?
How to win an appeal on eBay
- Call eBay. As previously noted, calling eBay to appeal a decision can result in a quicker decision.
- Assert lack of fault.
- Examine the communication with the buyer.
- Reassure eBay of seller professionalism.
- Refer back to eBay.
How do I contact eBay customer support?
To contact us:
- Click Help & Contact at the top of most pages.
- You may be asked to sign in.
- Select the topic that best matches your issue from the menu.
- We’ll show a quick way to resolve your issue yourself, or we’ll show you the best way to contact us and when we’re available.